Sunday 10 November 2013

I completed 21km Great Eastern Women's Run 2013

Participated in the 21.1km Great Eastern Women's Run this morning. It's my first half marathon and I'm glad I survived!

Achievement unlocked: 
1) Ran for 21.1km
2) Ran without sleeping
(I went out till 3+am before the run. Only had enough time to bathe and head out for the run as i need to reach the start pen at about 4.45am)

This is me at 5am, in a sleepy mode and feeling rather nervous about the run

The flag off time was at 5.30am and it began to rain at about 6am. Thank god it wasn't thunderstorm but I still don't really like the idea of running in the rain.

I began to slow down after passing the first 5km and started walking for a short distance before picking up my pace again.

I was totally drained out after passing the 10km mark. The sceneries that I ran past were quite beautiful but I was too tired to enjoy them. Started to run-walk-walk-run-walk-walk after 15km.

The last 1km was the worst, it felt so long.
Mr. Tan overslept and didn't managed to 'pick me' at the finishing line, I was a little disappointed actually :(

Congrats to myself for completing 21.1km! I'm so proud of myself :D

I LOVE the finisher tee, esp the colour combi.
(Pls do not focus on my tired face and messy hair)

 The medal for completing 21.1km

I'm glad I participated in this race, its indeed a very good experience and it gave me a sense of achivement despite the lousy timing.

Great Eastern Women's Run marks my last race for 2013. Looking forward to the new challenges in 2014 (but definitely not 42km).

Keep fit, stay healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment