Monday 11 November 2013

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot 海底捞

I love eating steamboat especially eating home-prepared steamboat which taste the best (in my opinion).

I went Hai Di Lao few months ago with my colleagues and I fell in love with it. Told myself that I must bring Jeff there soon to try. Today is the day since we are both on leave and able to go during non-peak hours.

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot (海底捞)
3D River Valley Road
#02-04
Tel: 6337 8627
Opening hours: 10.30am to 3am


Do call in advance if you are planning to go on Fridays/weekends during dinner time as its always fully booked. Unless you don't mind walking in and wait for hours.

We reached there at 1.30pm and the place was 3/5 filled. 

There were many soup base to choose from (e.g. chicken, seafood, mala, tomato etc). I tried chicken + mala on my first visit and the mala gave me ulcers the following day. Guess it's too 'heaty' for my liking. 

We chose chicken + tomato ($20)

Jeff was skeptical about the tomato soup base as he is never a fan of tomato soup (I'm a fan though) but I'm glad that he enjoyed it as much as I did.

The chicken soup was boiled with black chicken and it taste so damn good (no doubt on the quality).


Happy lunch = Happy me

There are many things I like about Hai Di Lao. Apart from the quality of food and awesome service, another good thing is that most of the items on the menu comes in half portion. This means that you can still order a variety of food even though there are only 2 of you. 

Below is what we ordered (I think we over ordered. Opps) :
1) Handmade noodle (拉面)
2) Chicken 
3) Scallops
4) Beef
5) Pork Belly
6) Black Pork 
7) Luncheon meat
8) Pork intestines 
9) Crispy pancake 
10) Rice cakes
11) Quail eggs
12) Wintermelon
13) Meat ball platter
14) Mushroom platter

Do order the handmade noodle if its your first visit to catch the 'live performance'. Play the video below to view the recorded performance.



My BLOATED tummy expression

The bill came up to $123.58 for both of us, a little pricey but its WORTH IT. I seriously don't feel like eating steamboat anywhere else except for Hai Di Lao, Jpot (another fav) and home.

Hai Di Lao, I will be back for you soon! But please open more outlets in SG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment