Saturday 2 November 2013

Korea (Seoul) Trip Part I

I'm finally here to start the entries on my recent Seoul trip.

I've been bugging Mr. Tan to go Korea with me for the longest time. Some time back in March this year, Flyscoot launched its first ever flight to Korea and there was a very good promotion. The ticket to Seoul was just S$464 nett (inclusive of 15kg for the departure flight and 25kg for the return flight). This is how I managed to convince Mr Tan go accompany me to Korea. YAY!

Day 1 (25 Oct 2013, Sunday)
Shit happens every time and this trip is not an exception. Just right before I leave my house for the airport, I realized that I couldn't remember my luggage pin and I couldn't open the luggage right after I locked it! Tried all the possible number combinations but didn't manage to open it. I panicked but decided to leave my house with a locked luggage as the cab was already waiting at the carpark.

When we arrived at Changi Airport, poor Mr. Tan had to try all the combinations from 000 to 999 to open my luggage for me. But thank god he managed to cracked the pin when he reach 3xx and it took him about 15-20 mins only. Phew!

This is what he was doing for the past 15-20mins, trying all the possible combinations to open my luggage.


This is us with our couple luggage (from American Tourister), finally in the holiday mood after I managed to open my luggage :D



Okay, we also have couple passport holder (from Longchamp) :p

As it is a rather long flight with a transit at Taipei, I tried my best to be as comfortable as possible. Brought along my Muji neck pillow and Naraya foldable bedroom slippers for me to change into. And not forgetting my fav flight outfit - loose top + leggings


After 8 long hours, we finally arrived at Seoul! We took a cab from Incheon airport to our airport for 70,000 won including toll fee and abit of midnight surcharge.

Our crib for our 5 nights stay in Seoul was Hotel Prince Seoul located at Myeongdong. The location of the hotel is pretty good. There are 4 convenience stores around the hotel and it's just about 30 steps to exit 2 of Myeongdong subway station. The hotel is so visible that you won't get lost at Myeongdong. Totally worth the 150,000 won per room per night.

Hotel Prince Seoul  호텔 프린스 서울
Add: 1-1 Namsan-dong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul(100-042) South Korea
서울특별시 중구 남산동 2가, 중구, 서울특별시, 100-042
Tel: +8227527111
Email: webmaster@hotelprinceseoul.co.kr

The room isn't very big but quite decent in size, about 20sqm. Definitely big enough for us to put our shopping bags and open our luggage without having to compromise on the walking space. 


The bathroom does not have a bathtub but that's fine with me (unless its a beachy trip, e.g. Phuket).
One thing I like about the bathroom is that the water heats up within a few seconds. That's very important for me as I usually bathe in hot water.


I was considering to start the Korea battle at Dongdaemun but it was close to 1am by the time we settled down . I dropped the idea and we went to the nearby 7-11 instead. I love to visit 7-11 in a foreign land cos they never fail surprise me.

Hello Kitty accessories!


Ice Breakers (my fav sweets) but now comes in heart shape

Calbee Sweet Potato Chips 
(I personally like this very much and bought another 2 packets home)

Hershey chocolate drink


I spent the next 1 hour back in the hotel room trying to set up the prepaid sim card that I ordered from EG SIM. Another alternative to stay connected to the virtual world is to rent a portable wireless device which can be shared up to 6 mobile devices. I bought a prepaid sim in the end as I wanna save the hassle of carrying another device out and also the hassle of charging it.


6 comments:

  1. I'll be visiting Seoul for the first time next week. Enjoyed reading your blog and yes it's a long flight from where I am too -- over 14 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    Korea is very first and clean country,,,
    In ancient Chinese texts, peninsula is known as as "Rivers and Mountains adorned on Silk" and "Eastern Nation of Decorum" . folks ar thought of one year previous when they ar born, as Koreans reckon the maternity quantity collectively year of life for infants, and age increments increase on Jan one Day rather than on the day of birthdays. Thus, one born directly before Jan one Day might entirely be several days previous in western reckoning, but two years previous in peninsula. consequently, a Korean person's express age ar one or two years quite their age to keep with western reckoning. However, western reckoning is sometimes applied with relevance the conception of legal age; as associate example, the position for obtaining alcohol or cigarettes at intervals the Republic of peninsula is nineteen, that's measured to keep with western reckoning.]
    thanks,,
    Kashmir tours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arex Express train is the best way to access from the airport to Seoul station. It is fast(it takes only 43 mins to Seoul station) and clean. Plus, the price is also reasonable. It cost 8,000won and if you take one of these airline;Asiana,KAL,Jeju airline, you get some discount(6,900won). Arex Express train info desk is located between gate no.9 and no.8, desk no.45 on 1st floor in the airport.



    T-money card is a prepaid public transportation card which means
    you have to load some money on your T-money card before you use it
    on subway,taxi or bus. And you can purchase a T-money card ata low price
    if you head to Seoul station from Incheon airport. Find the Arex info.desk
    on 1st floor at the airport. It located between gate #9 and #8, desk no.45.
    They have a special promotion for foreigners; Express train ticket to Seoul station+ T-money card it costs only 8,900 won. The regular price of
    the express train ticket is 8,000 won and T-money card is 3,000 won.
    So the promotion is a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for sharing information that will be much helpful for making coursework my effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for sharing information that will be much helpful for making coursework my effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your blog. If you want reach your customer easily just go for bulk sms api, we provides different kind of Bulk SMS services Without DLT | Free SMS API | Free Registration,
    bulk sms india is one of the most effective, reliable and cost effective ways to establish your businesses. It allows you to get a higher income and get a customer easily. Rat SMS is the most popular leading company who provides the best promotional sms provider Services.




    You can check with also bulk sms india and Otp SMS

    ReplyDelete